Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Bad Movies

Ashton

I like bad movies. I do. I didn't fully grasp this until recently. Barry sent me an email about a week ago bitching about a commercial he saw for the new Ashton Kutcher movie and how this guy can still be employed. I responded that he was insane. Any movie that has a trailer with a guy pissing on dishes is going to be funny. I think we fought for a while about it but, end result, I accepted the fact that I like bad movies and I really didn't have a leg to stand on.

Funny bad movies at least. I don't understand it. Maybe what Holden in 'Chasing Amy' said is right, 'The real money is in dick and fart jokes'. I don't know if thats true or not, but if you make a stupid movie, with sight gags, minimal plot, and throw in some gratitious nudity....I'm watching it.

Recently, I was flipping channels. I came across "Little Man", I'm fairly certain that this movie didn't make any top ten lists the year it came out. Yet, there is a scene in the movie where the 'baby' (a midget that noone has figured out isn't a toddler..fucking stupid, right?????) banged his foster mom when she was sleeping. I laughed. out loud. It was embarrassing. But it was funny. It also had Tracey Jordan in it..and he is awesome.

Another one that I stumbled upon...The Larry the Cable Guy movie. I didn't see the entire movie but I flipped on during a point when he had the shits and there was a scene of him blast testing a toilet....It was fantastic. I lasted 30 minutes. I would have watched the entire thing if my wife didn't walk in and demand I take an IQ test. She hates me.

Anyway, between Barry breaking my balls about Ashton, The cable guy movie, and Little Man, I don't think there is any hiding it. I love a bad movie. Is that wrong? I don't know. Does it make me a bad person that I don't feel the need to 'learn' something from everything I watch? I don't think I care.

So, I'm calling for it...I know we have at least a few people that check this site on occasion...raise you flag!!!! What stupid movie do you love?

Here are a few of mine:
1. Dude? Where's my car?
2. Little Man
3. Larry The Cable Guy
4. National Lampoon Movies (that have been made in the last 6-8 years)
5. Bio Dome

1 comment: